Sparse threads in Gnus
Toon Claes
2018-05-16 13:02:35 UTC
Hi,

Not sure if this is correct location to ask, but I'll give it a try.

I have "some system" (Gitlab.com in this case) that sends mails with
`In-Reply-To` and `References` headers. e.g.:

I've been digging in the Gnus code, and it seems that Gnus bases
threading only on the last item in References and ignores all the other
Message IDs in the References header, and also ignores the In-Reply-To
header.

How can I make Gnus perform "Sparse threading" so it properly threads
the above under the mail with Message-ID: <***@gitlab.com> ?

-- Toon
Andreas Schwab
2018-05-16 13:20:57 UTC
Post by Toon Claes
I have "some system" (Gitlab.com in this case) that sends mails with
According to RFC 2822 the _last_ entry in the References: header is the
immediate parent (thus should be the same as the reference in the

Andreas.
--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, ***@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7