[emacs-announce] Emacs pretest 26.1 RC1 is out
Nicolas Petton
2018-04-09 20:04:52 UTC
Hi!

The first release candidate for what will be the 26.1 release of Emacs
(the extensible text editor) is available at

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz

You can get the PGP signature at

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig

Please give it as much testing as you can.

As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs,
send a report to bug-gnu-***@gnu.org with full details
(if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug).

Thanks for helping to test Emacs.

Nico
Phillip Lord
2018-04-10 18:48:25 UTC
Post by Nicolas Petton
The first release candidate for what will be the 26.1 release of Emacs
(the extensible text editor) is available at
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz
You can get the PGP signature at
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig
Please give it as much testing as you can.
As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs,
(if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug).
Thanks for helping to test Emacs.
Windows Binaries are available for RC1.

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/

This includes both 64 and 32 bit versions and, by default, includes all
the dependencies for a full Emacs experience.
Jostein Kjønigsen
2018-04-20 09:20:37 UTC
Post by Phillip Lord
Post by Nicolas Petton
The first release candidate for what will be the 26.1 release
of Emacs>> (the extensible text editor) is available at
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz
You can get the PGP signature at
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig
Please give it as much testing as you can.
As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs,
(if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug).
Thanks for helping to test Emacs.
Windows Binaries are available for RC1.
https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/
This includes both 64 and 32 bit versions and, by default,
includes all> the dependencies for a full Emacs experience.
I haven't done any *extensive *testing on this Windows-build, but I'd
just like to confirm it unpacks and runs nicely for a few select
projects I have across various languages and third-party packages I use.
After fooling around a little, I still I haven't encountered any
noteworthy issues.
So here's at least 1 user calling in, having completed some rudimentary
smoke-testing. Which if nothing else, at least should be better than no
testing at all :)
--
Regards
Jostein KjÞnigsen

***@kjonigsen.net 🍵 ***@gmail.com
https://jostein.kjonigsen.net
Eli Zaretskii
2018-04-20 09:38:45 UTC
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 11:20:37 +0200
Thanks for testing RC1 and for telling us.
N. Jackson
2018-04-11 22:10:31 UTC
Post by Nicolas Petton
Hi!
The first release candidate for what will be the 26.1 release of Emacs
(the extensible text editor) is available at
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz
You can get the PGP signature at
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig
What is the proper procedure for checking the signature? I get:

$ gpg --verify emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz
gpg: Signature made Mon 09 Apr 2018 03:39:18 PM EDT using RSA key ID 6AFCF978

The key that I have for you is 7C207910 (from the GNU keyring at
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-keyring.gpg).

What am I missing?

Thanks.

N.
Nicolas Petton
2018-04-20 11:41:31 UTC
"N. Jackson" <***@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,
Post by N. Jackson
$ gpg --verify emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz
gpg: Signature made Mon 09 Apr 2018 03:39:18 PM EDT using RSA key ID 6AFCF978
The key that I have for you is 7C207910 (from the GNU keyring at
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-keyring.gpg).
6AFCF978 is my signature subkey. I thought that my signing key had been
updated in the GNU keyring, apparently that's not the case.

I also need to update the website accordingly, since the key will change
for the release of 26.1.

Nico