Duplicate Phrasing in Emacs Manual
Siraphob (Ben) Phipathananunth
2018-04-15 01:44:34 UTC
On page 70 of the Emacs 26 manual (10.8 Bookmarks) the phrase
The prototypical use of bookmarks is to record where you were
reading in various files.
After listing out various keybindings, the manual continues with
The prototypical use for bookmarks is to record one current position
in each of several files. So the command C-x r m, which sets a
bookmark ...
This is potentially confusing, so might I suggest changing the second
paragraph to
The command C-x r m, which sets a bookmark...
Thus eliminating the duplicate sentence.
Eli Zaretskii
2018-04-15 17:35:57 UTC
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:44:34 +0700
On page 70 of the Emacs 26 manual (10.8 Bookmarks) the phrase
The prototypical use of bookmarks is to record where you were
reading in various files.
After listing out various keybindings, the manual continues with
The prototypical use for bookmarks is to record one current position
in each of several files. So the command C-x r m, which sets a
bookmark ...
This is potentially confusing, so might I suggest changing the second
paragraph to
The command C-x r m, which sets a bookmark...
Thanks, I've improved the wording there.