[ELPA] New package: Orgalist minor mode
Nicolas Goaziou
2018-04-27 14:11:51 UTC
Hello,

I would like to submit the following package to GNU ELPA. As stated in
the commentaries,

This library provides Org mode's plain lists in non-Org buffers, as
a minor mode.

More specifically, it supports syntax for numbered, unnumbered,
description items, checkboxes, and counter cookies.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nicolas Goaziou 0x80A93738
Stefan Monnier
2018-04-27 15:32:56 UTC
Post by Nicolas Goaziou
I would like to submit the following package to GNU ELPA.
Sounds good to me.
Do you need help doing that, or would you rather do it yourself?

Stefan
Nicolas Goaziou
2018-04-27 15:55:45 UTC
Post by Stefan Monnier
Do you need help doing that, or would you rather do it yourself?
I can do it myself (assuming it is just creating a new directory and
inserting the file there), but I probably need permissions to write in
the ELPA repository.
T.V Raman

Bastien
2018-04-28 05:15:19 UTC
Hi,
Post by T.V Raman
orgstruct as a minor mode already provides this and more
Nicolas new package orgalist.el is a replacement for the orgstruct
minor mode, which has now been removed from Org's core and won't be
available in Org >=9.2.

Please test orgalist.el - if you miss important things that orgstruct
did, let's see how we can implement them.

Thanks!
Bastien
T.V Raman
2018-04-28 15:03:50 UTC
Bastien <***@gnu.org> writes:

Thanks for the clarification -- wasn't aware of orgstruct going away.

From my usage pattern, and the description I saw of orgalist, I'd miss
the section-header like functionality that I remember orgstruct having
--- in general, I primarily used orgstruct during email composition.> Hi,
Tim Cross

Tim Cross
Bastien
2018-04-29 10:38:37 UTC
Hi Tim,
Post by Tim Cross
You might find outshine a reasonable replacement for orgstruct - it
is in the melpa repo.
Yes, thanks for mentioning this, I've added a note about this in
etc/ORG-NEWS.

Best,
--
Bastien