windows pdumper snapshots
Phillip Lord
2018-04-10 11:53:06 UTC
I've built some windows snapshots for the pdumper branch.

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-27-pdumper/

The build works fine on windows; I haven't tested the results.

Please feel to test!

Phil
Jostein Kjønigsen
2018-04-20 09:34:32 UTC
Hey everyone.

I've done a quick smoke-test of this build and verified that it out of
the box...
* Unpacks cleanly
* Starts
* Runs with my current setup and all third-party packages I use for
across four languages (Elisp, NodeJS/TypeScript, Python & C#)
To me, everything looks good. The Windows-version is *still* slow
compared to the Linux build, but unlike that major performanace-
regression we have with Emacs 25 on Windows (which got fixed), I can't
say this seems to have affected performance one way or the other.
Unlike earlier though, I get some warnings when *starting* Emacs in the
console window:

Not sure if this is a problem or not.

--
Regards
Jostein KjÞnigsen

***@kjonigsen.net 🍵 ***@gmail.com
https://jostein.kjonigsen.net
Phil
Basil L. Contovounesios
2018-04-20 10:31:47 UTC
[...]
Post by Jostein Kjønigsen
Not sure if this is a problem or not.
Looks like an issue [1] introduced with the initial early-init-file
changes on the master branch which was subsequently
fixed [2: 2db57579b0], so I'd say the pdumber snapshots just need to be
updated to include the fix.

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-02/msg00532.html
[2: 2db57579b0]: 2018-03-19 10:44:40 +0200
Various follow-ups for early init file changes
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=2db57579b08ac99c464b6d3698648b3167fc5d55
--
Basil